CometChat returning Login Failed

I’ve been using CometChat SDK in my android and iOS apps. Now, some of the users are getting the login failed error. I guess, it’s due to timeout. Any way to change the timeout interval?

Hi @anupamchugh,

Login failed error is received when the CometChat SDK fails to connect to our servers. This may happen for some of your users since they might be using VPN service and the ports would be blocked on our end or it maybe due to firewall settings. I request you to ask you users not use VPN and check the firewall settings. This should resolve the issue faced. Also to answer your query there is no such way to increase the timeout interval.

Let me know if you have any other queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Jeet Kapadia

1 Like

Hi Jeet,

Can you please be more specific on what “ports would be blocked on our end or it maybe due to firewall settings” so we can whitelist these ports.

We are having this issue through our firewall router. We have NO issue on 4G.

Please advise SPECIFICALLY what ports/service etc need to be whitelisted.

Hi @dipeshranchhod ,
We are now using standard ports for establishing the connection. Also please whitelist url that are ending with *.ws-region.cometchat.io. Let me know if you have any other queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Jeet Kapadia

1 Like

Thanks Jeet,

We whitelisted the domain and it is working, many thanks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.