Issues on Cometchat JS

Hi team,

I currently have two major issues that is happening once we have upgraded from v2 to v2.1 on our web component of cometchat.

1.) Sometimes when i open a chat, the chat doesn’t load, and on the developer console i get this error

2.) When i click on a chat and it says “loading messages,” the loading ticker sometimes doesn’t load. my developer is saying it comes from cometchat and they need to fix it. Why is it only coming sometimes, what is the issue?

Hello @flipspot,

1. I can see that you were trying to call some CometChat Method before CometChat was initialized. And also your login failed and that is why you were not able to fetch the message list.

2. CometChat has nothing to do with the loading sticker. It is a UI issue at your end.

Warm Regards,

CometChat Pro
Mayur Bhandari

for (1), i after page has load i click on chat now button to initalise the chat, but the chat is stuck on loading and that error comes. will this error happen if i click too fast, or what is the solutionhere

I am also getting this error when loading a chat, it doesnt fetch and is stuck on loading. why are these errors happening? we are having HUNDREDS of users saying that when they initiate the chat bar, nothing happens, nothing loads… And still no solution …

Hello @flipspot,

It looks like some issue with your integration. We do have our own Chat Widgets, you can check the documentation here.

Warm Regards,

CometChat Pro
Mayur Bhandari