NSCalendarsUsageDescription error when upload to AppStoreConnect

Hi,

Urgent help needed here. I’m facing issue that becoming a roadblock for my development.

I’m getting “NSCalendarsUsageDescription” issue email for Apple when uploading my binary to AppStoreConnect after “pod install” for pod ‘CometChatPro’, ‘2.1.5’. I have tried adding the “NSCalendarsUsageDescription” key with description to the Info.plist but the issue still persist. Please refer attachment

Any advice is highly appreciated!

Hi @sitinorain

You need to add NSCalendarsUsageDescription in your info.plist file present inside your app for submitting your app to App Store. This won’t ask the user to provide access to the calendar while launching and using the app. We have tried this and it will work properly for you however we are still working on fixing it. Do let us know if you still have any query we would love to help you out

Regards,
Jeet Kapadia

I have tried that solution but the issue still persist. My binary got rejected still.

Hi @sitinorain,

I just tried to upload the binary from the CometChat swift sample app having CometChat SDK within it. I had added NSCalendarsUsageDescription key in info.plist file present inside your App’s target and set value as “Access Calendar”. PFA screenshot of the same. I suggest you please add the appropriate message and clean the derived data before archiving. This should resolve the issue faced.

Regards,
Jeet Kapadia

Hi @jeet.kapadia ,

I have added all the permission as shown in the screen shot. But the issues still persist. I’m using XCode 12.4.

Hi @jeet.kapadia ,

Additionally I keep getting NSMicrophoneUsageDescription error as well when trying to navigate into CometChatMessageList from CometChatConversationList. As show im my above reply, I have added both NSMicrophoneUsageDescription and NSCalendarsUsageDescription into my app Info.plist.

Hi @sitinorain,

Are you using any other third party library apart from CometChat SDK in your App? Also have faced the same crash in our ios swift chat app. I suggest you to refer the sample app once. Here is the link to our ios swift chat app:

Regards,
Jeet Kapadia

HI @jeet.kapadia ,

Yes, I do have a lot of other third party libraries installed using cocoapods. Its all working fine until I integrated CometChat Pro SDK. My codes or other libraries did not request both mentioned privacies. I have referred to your Sample App as well and the crashed happened is due to missing permission usage description but again, those descriptions has been added to the Info.plist. Again, its all working fine until CometChat Pro SDK integrated.