Question about performace when chat has not been used for a while

Hello,

We noticed that if the chat capability has not been used for some days, when the user first logs in there are great delays for the online-offline status and the calls are more error prone (crashes happen, there are 3 users in calls when there should only be one as the sender is displayed twice etc). But then, throughout the day, (so minutes to hours later) all is fine - the online-offline status changes in real-time, the calls are performing as expected etc. It almost feels like we are warming up an engine.

Is there something that we can do to prevent this behavior from happening - would it be a good idea to create “reverse heart-beat” app in which we just make a call with a test user every n hours or so?
If you have any suggestions for our situation they are greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Mihaela

Hello @MihaelaCazan,

You mean the app was not being used or you were not using any CometChat functionality (SDKs/APIs) for some days?

Can you please share more details on this, like a screen recording on two devices where you are not able to receive online offline status? Also, can you please let us know if you are logging in two users at the same time, or was one of the users logged in beforehand?

Can you please share the crash log(if any). Also, a small screen recording would be really helpful in debugging this issue. Can you elaborate more on sender is displayed twice? Are you seeing the sender tile twice? Which mode(default, spotlight, or grid) you are using?

I do not think this is required at all. We do test older apps during our QA phase and have not faced such issues. However, I will get this checked once more and use an app that hasn’t been used for a couple of days/weeks.

Warm Regards,

CometChat Pro
Mayur Bhandari

Hello @mayur.bhandari,

You mean the app was not being used or you were not using any CometChat functionality (SDKs/APIs) for some days?

I meant that the CometChat functionality has not been used for some days.

Can you please share more details on this, like a screen recording on two devices where you are not able to receive online offline status? Also, can you please let us know if you are logging in two users at the same time, or was one of the users logged in beforehand?

Can you please share the crash log(if any). Also, a small screen recording would be really helpful in debugging this issue. Can you elaborate more on sender is displayed twice? Are you seeing the sender tile twice? Which mode(default, spotlight, or grid) you are using?

About the crash logs and the screen recording I first need to get approval to share them and then is there another way that we can send them to you (the CometChat team) privately (so not within a public forum)?

Thank you,
Mihaela

Hello @MihaelaCazan,

I believe we already have an email thread open with Ken & You. You can share the crash logs & screen recordings there. If you are unable to find the old email thread, you can send us the crash logs & screen recording from the CometChat Dashboard or simply email us at help@cometchat.com.

Warm Regards,

CometChat Pro
Mayur Bhandari

Hey @MihaelaCazan
I am closing this thread due to inactivity.
Please feel free to reach out to us at help@cometchat.com for further assistance or if you have any queries.

Best,
Aishwarya