UI Customization in ios

I am new to CometChat and want to customise my UI based on the UIComponents given in CometChat.
I have a view controller and want to showcase CometChatConversationList in my viewcontroller.I have installed the cometpro pod and also moved the library components to my xcode project.It is given that i need to use any of the two methods to launch CometChatConversationList.I wrote the following code in my viewcontroller as given below

let conversationList = CometChatConversationList()
let navigationController = UINavigationController(rootViewController:conversationList)
conversationList.set(title:“Chats”, mode: .automatic)
self.present(navigationController, animated:true, completion:nil)

But it says Cannot find ‘CometChatConversationList’ in scope.
What is missing in the setup?Please help me

Hello @saranya,

It seems that library folder is not added and linked properly in your project.
After adding the library, the color of library folder should be yellow which indicates files are added properly.

Please try to link it again, it will resolve your issue.

Regards,
Pushpsen. R. Airekar

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 1.44.30 PM
Please check the screenshot and it is showing yellow.
So what could the issue be?

Hello,

Can you also share the screenshot of the build error which you’re getting.

Have added it this way in my view controller

override func viewDidLoad() {
super.viewDidLoad()
setupInitialUI()
}

private func setupInitialUI() {

let conversationList = CometChatConversationList()
    let navigationController = UINavigationController(rootViewController:conversationList)
    conversationList.set(title:"Chats", mode: .automatic)
    self.present(navigationController, animated:true, completion:nil)
}

Now it is not showing that issue but it is overriding with some UI components already existing in my project and it is showing build errors.

Hey @saranya,

I have reached out to you via email regarding this issue and we continue our conversation there. Therefore, I am closing this ticket.

Thank you.

Regards,
Provesha

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.