WebSocket (wss://APP_ID.ws-eu.cometchat.io/ws/) not working in Safari or iOS after 2.0.12 update

Hi,
When we updated your npm Javascript Pro package from 2.0.8 to 2.0.12 in June we started encountering problems with your web socket in iOS and Safari (also on desktop), but we did not understand it was because of the update until today.

In Safari on version 2.0.8 we get one single connection to the WS, it is working correctly, it is stable and all the activity of the connection can be viewed in the Preview tab.

In Chrome on version 2.0.12 (or 2.1.0) it is very similar with one connection and the activity of the connection can be viewed in the Messages tab.

But in Safari on version 2.0.12 (or 2.1.0) we get new connections to the WS about every second and the reason of this seems to be that every connection end up in a closed state (as seen in the Preview tab, the last message is “Connection Close Frame”). A new connection is started immediately after and the loop repeats.

We have not looked into which release between 2.0.8 and 2.0.12 that came with this problem. We have also tried the latest stable version 2.1.0 (at first we thought that this release brought the error) and also 2.1.1-beta1 but we still get the same issues. I tried to upload the three screenshots that shows the difference between versions and browsers but because I’m “a new user” I had to upload one in each reply.

Can you please look into this problem as soon as possible? Our application (we are a paying customer) depends on being able to release on iOS.
Best regards

In Safari on version 2.0.8 we get one single connection to the WS, it is working correctly, it is stable and all the activity of the connection can be viewed in the Preview tab.

In Chrome on version 2.0.12 (or 2.1.0) it is very similar with one connection and the activity of the connection can be viewed in the Messages tab.

Hi @carl.salmon,
We are looking into this and will get back to you by email.
Thank you!

1 Like