Xcode 12 - framework not found CometChatPro.xcframework

Hi, sorry I have to create a new post as previoust post was closed:

I am trying to install the pod ‘CometChatPro’, ‘2.0.13-Xcode12’ but I get framework not found CometChatPro.xcframework when building the project. I tried CometChatPro 2.1.0, the project builds but if I import CometChatPro it gives an error about CometChat being written in a different Swift 5 version than Xcode 12 / project is using.

Currently using Xcode 12 beta 3.

Also, other pods work (eg Alamofire) in Xcode 12 beta 3 but I get an error in ‘CometChatPro’, ‘2.0.13-Xcode12’

Hi @jeraldo,

We are supporting Xcode 12 from version 2.1.0 of CometChat Pro SDK. Also we have released our latest version yesterday which is 2.1.1. Please refer the below setup guide:

Let me know if you face any other issue.

Regards
Jeet Kapadia

@jeet.kapadia I tried using 2.1.1 even on a fresh project, both Xcode 11 and Xcode 12 gives an error:

Framework not found CometChatPro.xcframework

Is there any steps I need to do further? I have tried everything such as pod deintegrate, even clearing the Cocoapods cache so that it downloads the latest pods but still does not work. I am basically stuck here as I need to develop features for iOS 14 as soon as possible.

Hi @jeraldo,

I tried create a new App and I was able to integrate CometChat framework successfully. I am attaching the project for your reference. Please use the below link for downloading the project:

https://easyupload.io/qg27ec

Let me know if you face any other issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,
Jeet Kapadia

1 Like

Thanks @jeet.kapadia. Installing the pods in your sample project helped me figure out that I had to update my cocoapods version from 1.8 to 1.9.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.